First off, I’m late, but I’m catching up on this group called B-Side.
The 5-member subunit of Real Girls Project has just released their debut M/V for their song The iDOLM@STER.
I admit I hadn’t heard of the group or the subunit until late last week, but upon seeing their debut M/V and reading up on the group’s concept I’m intrigued.
Maybe you’re like me and didn’t know of B-Side either, so here’s a little bit of information about the Real Girls Project.
B-Side is the subunit of a larger girl group called Real Girls Project. Real Girls Project held open auditions in 2016 where fans voted in their choices in a series of elimination rounds.
Real Girls Project will also be featured in a drama called THE iDOLM@STER.KR. There’s also a companion video game which is where this whole thing started.
The game goes roughly by the same title, THE iDOLM@STER. And gameplay is based on roleplaying the Real Girls Project members or is it the other way around?
Now see, I love just about all of those things so this must be my new fave? It’s got K-pop (influenced by J-Pop), a K-drama and a line of video games so I’m sold. I’m like, Where do I sign?
But coming in late to THE iDOLM@STER game (drama and music), I was a little confused. Here’s how it all breaks down:
- The drama, THE iDOLM@STER.KR, is set to air April 28.
- The game iDOLM@STER has been around since 2005 and I’m just slow.
- Real Girls Project subunit, B-Side, debut song, THE iDOLM@STER, was released April 3 (shown above).
- Real Girls Project debuted in August 2016.
- Real Girls Project track entitled, Dream, was released August 2016 (shown below).
This is all very interesting and I look forward to learning more about THE iDOLM@STER series.
Anyone already stanning this group?